Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

6 myles - 40:27

Grigs out/back - 2:00 p.m.
mild North wind, 70's, clear
mind/body - not peppy
easy effort

Gave the legs another little spin. Nice easy 6 myles plus a couple hill repeats up Grigs hill. My previous best was 1.02:21, today my splits were 1.05:96 and 1.02:34. I feel very confident right now that I can post a good time at CP 50 this weekend. Although I do have to admit my mind gets a little wacky the week leading up to the race. I monitor everything I do to include: wearing a mask on a plane, type and amount of food, overdoses of vitamin supplements, etc etc.... And the thought always creeps into my mind, "OK should I be running more? If I don't run I'll lose everything I've done!" I drive myself crazy! I need to learn how to relax and what ever happens - happens, right? Let the training speak for itself and don't do anything new! Should be fun this weekend.

2 comments:

Manners said...

Focus young padiwan.
Always wanted to say that.
Fast One, you will have a great race. Nobody is more in tune with their body. Good Luck. Utah will be cheering. Wish I could have made it. Go represent!

Anonymous said...

If you did not worry about the race ... You would not be running & training the way you do...Enjoy yourself & run your type of race... You have so many people who care about you & your results...RUN LIKE THE WIND....