Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, April 14, 2008

14 myles - 1.38:11

Daniels Park - noon
70's!, clear, no wind
mind/body - strong!
medium effort

How can I pass up a beautiful day like today! Springtime in Colorado can be a bit tumultuous so we have to take advantage of days like today. I previously said that training for a hundred anything less than 16 myles is a wimpy effort - I guess that qualifies today's run.

I felt really good and cruising pretty easy. First/last splits were: 6:37/6:29 with an avg. pace of 7:00. I could have easily gone 16 but I know I'm in the realm of injury so as long as I get out each day then I'm good. I wore my Pearl Izumi Peak XC today and I have to admit, the more I wear them the more I like them. They are a minimalist shoe but I think they strengthen my foot and calf, hopefully to prevent any further injury.

4 comments:

Manners said...

Ouch! I am running a hundred and I dont hit 16 miles every run.

Unknown said...

Then you're just plain.... wimpy! That's all there is to it!

Just kidding, everybody is different. By the time your hundred comes around you should be able to do back to back 20 mile days and still be able to function throughout the day.

Anonymous said...

Do not think about an injury... or you will get one....THINK POSITIVE.. You have to tell yourself that you are 20 again...that way I am only 40 ish...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the run Sunday Fast Ed, it's always good to share time on the trails! The second loop was about 20 mins. slower... should of grabbed another gel at the car, but its always good to practice trying to run through a bonk.
BFish