Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, October 30, 2010

12 myles - 1.25:33

HR urban trails - 8:00 AM
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - clear/strong
easy effort

Finally back to normal! 7:07 pace today with 700 ft of climbing and it felt easy - good signs all around. 52 myles for the week with 69 and 80 the two previous weeks. During this time (post Bear), I had 4 speed/interval workouts with incline and flat. My goal was 6 but didn't quite make it cause of the green apple two step earlier in the week. For the month of October - 275 myles - by far the most I've logged in this month over the last 7 years. October is usually a down month to get ready for the next year so hopefully doing this volume won't be detrimental later next year. November will have to suffice to be a down month this time.

As far as MMTR goes, the last time I ran here was 2005 for a time of 7.52 and 7th place. This was my second year of ultras and was shocked to look back at my training logs to see very low mileage - we're talking 50 mile weeks consistently. Five years later I'm still not a "high mileage" guy (compared to some) but I'm peaking out at 40 more myles/week and smarter about my training. Having said that, I have high hopes to crank out something in the low 7s with Horty there harassing/encouraging me all the way around.

3 comments:

Footfeathers said...

Have a great race! You sound primed for it.

Unknown said...

Thanks TL, you too! Say hellow to the Utah peeps.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on your race this weekend.!!
Tell Horty "Hi" from an old friend???
One more thing be careful about "Oregon"..I went to school there.lol
Have a great race and lots of fun. :O)