Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

8 myles - 59:00

HR urban trails - 6:30 AM
40s, clear, dry
mind/body - groggy/slow to start
easy effort

Not much to put down here, just the fact that I got out early this morning. I did, however, crank out a good fast mile at the end - 5:49. I also got out yesterday with 9 myles in 1.06. Work is crazy so I won't be able to notch it back up until Friday, in which I'll do 6 x 1 mile @ 5:50 pace. Saturday will be down at Pikes Peak for some elevation and then the CRUD party at Brown-eyes' house. We are having a Domino's pizza eating contest. I believe the rules are simple: just finish a large as fast as you can without barfing. Gotta beat JT for some braggin/smack talking rights. Then again he probably won't show up....

4 comments:

brownie said...

What's the bet? You're gonna give me ten minutes in the contest, right?

You gonna be home the day of the Backcountry half? Maybe hit a brewpub up your way?

Breeves2000 said...

Man I really need to get in on this. Despite your impressive skills with Donettes and Atomic Fireballs, I'm pretty sure I can polish off a Chipotle Burrito and a Domino's pizza quicker than anyone I know. this is probably one of many reasons I'm not any any faster. :-)

Unknown said...

Brown-eye - straight up! And yes we will go to a local brew pub.

Ben - you should come down. I'll be running Barr trail prior to so you should join me.

Donovan said...

Hey there! We met at ZG and at WMRC when you were here in Phoenix. I wanted to invite you to a run I put on. http://www.tomthumbrun.com/

Take care and keep moving!

Donovan