Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, October 4, 2010

9 myles - no time

Lone Tree + loop - 8:00 AM
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - refreshed
easy effort

Still keeping it real mellow - for the most part. There were a few 30 second pick-ups just keep the legs honest. I feel fully recovered so by the end of the week I will start to put in some quality stuff. Maybe just a couple mile repeats and a couple 1:30 5K efforts but really only to make sure everything is working.

Got some good feedback to take back to PI about the ultra series - thanks for the input. And just so you know, I was thinking along the lines of touching all the distances (as Nick mentioned) and picking the toughest of courses. Seems most people feel the same way. It would be nice to get a race back East but I also feel if it's kept in the Rocky Mountain Region then PI can really put their stamp on it and gain the identity of: Extreme/Rugged/Tough/Animalistic/Badass - choose whatever term you like but you get the point. Just my opinion, not PI approved.

Here are my choices:
  • Red Hot 50K - February or Chuckanut 50K - March
  • Zane Grey 50 - April
  • Pocatello 50 or Jemez 50 - May (pick one)
  • San Juan Solstice 50 - June
  • Katcina Mosa 100K - August
  • The Bear 100 - September
Not many 100K's to choose from so Nick's Comanche 100K in August? would be pretty cool to include. Lot's of 50 mile races so I'm not sure what to do there because I didn't even include Squaw Peak 50... They are all just jammed right in that late May, early June time frame so maybe you could have 6 to pick from in the 50 mile. A lot to sort out for sure.

5 comments:

aj said...

like the new picture... it will be something to chew on for the next snow months...

WMRC said...

I like the photo too. Kind of funny to think that our good running weather in Phoenix is just starting:>)

Anonymous said...

Love the new picture...just miss Myles.!!!! :Q)

Jaime said...

Let me be the forth to comment on the sweet picture. Little late, but nice work at Bear!

Rick said...

I know it would be tough to have an East coast race, but I think it would be really good for the series if it's doable. The reason is, I think it's just as hard for someone in the west to win in the east as it is for east to win in the west. So, if one of the PI guys won a really tough race on the east coast, then I'd say you DEFINATELY have that Extreme/Rugged/Tough/Animalistic/Badass identity that could never have a regional asterisk!