Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, October 11, 2010

12.4 myles - 1.29:42

Daniels Park - 8:00 AM
40s, soggy, partly cloudy
mind/body - sluggish/not motivated
Hard effort

Starting the week off right with some quality stuff but I really wasn't feeling up to it. Maybe it was the lack of coffee this morning...

6 x 1:30 @ 5K pace (flat) with 15 minutes between each one. It was really hard for me to judge 5K pace, since I haven't done one in years, but the last 30 seconds were rough on each one. A full 15 minutes between each one allowed my body to fully recover on the run so that I could give max effort on each of them. While these were flat, most of them ended at the beginning of a short hill so I worked hard to get back on 7:30 through the hill - 737ft of climbing.

Also got out yesterday for 13 myles (1.35) real easy to finish the week with 60 myles. I'm off to Casper, WY for the next day or so. On the way home on Wednesday I'll stop in Ft Collins and get out with Dakota and Nick for some myles.

No comments: