Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, October 7, 2010

9.5 myles - 1.07:14

HR urban trails - 8 AM
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - still zippy
easy effort

Easy effort but more of a steady, easy effort. Just wanted to be out there an hour so I stayed true to that. Took the watch (even though I was gonna wait till next week) to see if my perceived effort was matching my time - 7:04 pace with 700 ft of climbing, felt solid - so it checks out. Now for the next 3 and 1/2 weeks I need to concentrate on alternating easy/hard days, rather than steady every day. I've mapped out the upcoming weeks by using workouts Paul Dewitt gave me leading up to Squaw Peak last year. And basically what it comes down to is getting in some interval and MP work each week - I think I can handle that.

Was watching some video clips from Karlo's (that's what Myles calls him) Pony Express thing and Myles asked me, "Where's he goin?" "To Missouri, son" "Why? He wooks mad" hmmmmm..... Don't know how to answer that one! Should I start it this way: "You see son...

1 comment:

Speedgoat Karl said...

you see son... Karlo has nothing better to do than run across the country, so he did it. He's just a freak. :-)

And a nice run at MMTR!