Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, October 16, 2010

25 myles - 4.00:09

Mt Falcon v1.75 - 6:30 AM
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Easy "steady" effort that is. My father in law and I met PG and JP over at Falcon before the crack of dawn for some fun. Patrick is training for Hellgate 100K and Jim just wanted to get out for a run prior to a day long meeting "inside". Jim stuck around as long as he could, putting in 11 myles before he had to get back. Patrick and I did the full loop in 2.17 and then proceeded to get back up to the shelter for round 2. The initial climb up to the shelter via Turkey Trot smacks me in the face every time but doing it a second time, well, it's just a full blown punch. Made it up to the shelter in 33 the first time and 35 the second time. The second time around decided not to do a full loop, and Patrick had to get back by 11, so we just went around Parmalee and back down. 5437 of climbing with about a 9:39 pace - pretty decent for Falcon.

3 comments:

trudginalong said...

Woof, I'm slow, but usually not that slow! Thanks for the invite, I cut the second lap at the shelter for 21, just couldn't get the legs to go that second trip up. Mental fortitude, I'm gonna work on that. Had to bail out and meet the wife a bit earlier than expected (voicemail) so it worked out well.

Jim P. said...

Thanks again for coming out a bit early to work around my schedule. Great to meet you at long last. And, darn solid run. Glad I didn't have to chase you up the hill again.

mtnrunner2 said...

Impressive, guys. 40 to the shelter is about my redline. And that's only one lap. The double is a great idea.

That first hill can be tough, but the upper parts of Turkey Trot and the road through the trees at the top are some nice trails.