Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, October 1, 2010

6.2 myles - no time

Lone Tree loop - 10 AM
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - recovering
easy, easy effort

Yesterday 6 myles. Today 6 myles. I plan to keep it really mellow (20-30/wk) for the next two weeks. Not only does my body need the break but my mind as well. Although after today's run I can already sense the wheels starting to turn on "turning up" the intensity notch. But I think it's a trap I've been stuck in every since Hard Rock. A vicious cycle of: not having the performance I wanted thus my training must not have been good enough. I think if I take a couple weeks, re-evaluate the situation, and then get back after it for 3 weeks leading into MMTR, I "should" come away with a satisfying result. Nothing scientific here, just random thoughts. Stay tuned.

346 for September, 2468 for the year. I should still be able to catch Tony....

I know it's hard to believe but this is just right around the corner

2 comments:

AJW said...

MMTR? Hmm, WS spot?

Unknown said...

Probably. If it happens. I think I'm more interested in winning the Montrail ultra cup than doing WS. Having said that, I think one has to do WS for that to happen. With my dismal showing at WW100K I need to do more races than I planned.