Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, October 2, 2010

10 myles - no time

Wildcat Ridge - 8:00 A.M.
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

The weather has been unseasonably warm for this time of year so I'm feeling I can't waste any of them. Most Saturdays when I'm out on this route it's packed with people but I think most people have either shifted their minds to winter or attending to the kids sports. The run itself was slow and methodical but that's the way I plan to keep it. Thoughts were wandering from what to run next year all the way to what I/we should do during my sabbatical in two years.... I know it's two years away and lots can change but planning is good. Check out this documentary video - The Divide MTB race. It's an hour 20 so make sure you have time before you start cause you'll want to finish it. I'd like to run it someday.

On another note, I was snooping around Pearl Izumi on Thursday trying to get the low-down on plans for the team next year. Nothing definitive on the team but the vibes are good, thanks in large part to Nick and Darcy for their wins at Wasatch. One of the ideas floating around is a Pearl Izumi sponsored ultra series utilizing existing races around the country, similar to the Montrail Ultra Cup. I have my own ideas and thoughts as to what that should look like but I'd like to get input from you all. What 4 races would you pick from around the country that are not part of another series but could draw the best competition with the right circumstances? What distances would you choose? Would it be mountainous or relatively flat? PI is thinking big, but new to the game, so I'd appreciate feedback so that I can take that back to them. I know this for sure, trail running is going to be a huge focus for Pearl Izumi for years to come.
Post a Comment