Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

9 myles - 1.50

Green Mountain - 9:30 AM
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - ready to go!
easy effort

Met up with Nick Clark and Pedatella for some fun. With MMTR coming up this Saturday I wanted to keep it real mellow, which the Nick's complied with for the most part (albeit 2667 of climbing). But running and trying to talk while getting up Green is pretty taxing on the lungs so I'll chalk this one up to an "anaerobic workout" - so to speak. Didn't really want to be out this long but it was good conversation and company so I didn't mind. I'm ready to go!

As mentioned before, I feel like I can hit the mid to low 7s but with the impending weather it might slow things up. Snow doesn't bother me here in the West but on the East coast it seems to get you wet and chill to the bone. Fun times. I will tweet from the finish if I have cell reception.


10 comments:

Christian said...

Tear it up Scott! Race smart, go fast.

trudginalong said...

Yeah, go baby. Jaime train coming through!

AJW said...

I hope you get top-2!

nmp said...

Nice running with you Scott.

Good luck this weekend - go punch your ticket to Squaw!

Dave Mackey said...

Must have just missed you guys on Green. Good luck at MMTR. Love them Horton miles..

Nick said...

Run your race Scott. You da' man!

brownie said...

You go sub 7:30 and I'll have a pretty sweet brew for you next week...

Jim P. said...

Have a great race, Scott. Eager to hear how it goes.

Unknown said...

Good luck Scott! My wife and I met you and your dad at the 2005 White River 50M and you had yet to scratch the surface of your running career. Time flies as do the myles!!!!

Aaron said...

CONGRATS!

Just heard the results and it sounds like you nailed your prediction and had a great race. Way to go.