Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

8.5 myles - 1.02:01

Lone Tree + loop - 8 AM
40s, clear, some snow
mind/body - refreshed
easy effort

Felt great this morning! It was nice to be out there with no agenda, just ran as far or short as I wanted. Last week I put in a smashing 11 myles, ate lots of bad food, and drank lots of good beer. Now the mind is already thinking of ramping it back up because I'm leaning towards Bandera 100K on January 8th. If I do, I've gotta get back on to a regimented training schedule by Thanksgiving if it's going to happen.

If you missed the Red Bull Human Express on Sunday, check this out.

Also good luck to my Mother who will be running a 1/2 marathon in Mesquite, NV on Saturday. PR Mom!

7 comments:

brownie said...

Go kill it at Bandera! Then you'll be smoked for the CS fat ass and I'll crush you.

GZ said...

Meltzer is a freak

Woody said...

I'll be at Bandera for my first 100K. I think we live about mile or two apart in HR. Guess it takes going to TX to finally bump into you! Nice work at MMTR. Very cool.

aj said...

thank you son.... as always #1 is to just finish...and in my case not to break anything...lots of love mom

footfeathers said...

Karl has always been my inspiration whenever things aren't going so well in a race or long run. He's simply amazing.

After chatting with your mom, I have no doubt she'll have a great run. Super lady! Please wish her my best too.
tim

Jeremy Ramsey said...

Congrats again on the victory at MMTR....only wish I could have been able to give chase. Good luck at Bandera if that is the route you decide. By the way how'd those shoes work for you at MMTR?

Unknown said...

Jeremy - thanks. Shoes were fantastic! Worked out better than I thought on the dirt roads, soft yet stiff enough for the trails (and hidden rocks).