Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day 5K - 27:15

Jaxon and I ventured out for our second annual Turkey Day 5K put on by Highlands Ranch Rec. department. And it was cold! Despite the sun shining it was single digits to start but after our 2 mile warm up we were ready to go with a little sweat. Last year Jaxon did 29:08 and this year he beat his record by 2 minutes - clocking a 27:15. Congratulations Jaxon - proud of you once again! Sorry you had a side ache...

Pearl Izumi kept us nice and warm despite the single digits

After the race I went out to my 10K loop (11 myles total for the day) because the thought of my appointment next Wednesday made me realize I need to log some myles before then. After the "minor" surgery I can't do anything for two weeks so I might as well make the most of the next few days. Hope you all had a nice feast today with family and friends.

BTW - if your looking for some gloves to keep you warm on your runs this winter check out Pearl Izumi's PRO Softshell lite. Plenty warm for the coldest temperatures.

P.R.O. Softshell Lite Glove - WhiteP.R.O. Softshell Lite Glove - White

No comments: