Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, November 27, 2010

14 myles - 2.13:23

Alderfer/3 sisters - 8 AM
20s, clear, mostly dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Nice little jaunt starting in Evergreen this morning with The Runner's Edge group and Good Ben. I initially planned to go to the Springs with CRUD but elected for the shorter drive and more time to sleep in. Man, was I rewarded with some really nice single track on a calm and blue bird day! I don't remember the exact trails other than starting on the Dedisse trail and finishing on Evergreen mountain - out and back. Dave Manthey had quite a group assembled this morning -probably 30 or so while the course was marked with spray painted arrows and 3 water stops along the way. JP I know I was in your hood so I apologize for not dropping you a line but I'll be back for sure. Very nice trails you have up there!

Also got out yesterday for 14 (2.08:58) at Deer Creek, while Jaxon and his Grandfather got in 10 of their own. And it was absolutely beautiful as well! These two days I have really taken a step back to realize how lucky I am to run in such beautiful country. Not only that, to be healthy enough to enjoy it on a regular basis. Now I'm pretty sure I'm being just a wee bit sentimental here because Wednesday is fast approaching and I will be yearning for the trail for a couple of weeks. So since I'm gonna be laid up I bought 3 books that were on my list: The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran, In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, and Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer.

2 comments:

Jim P. said...

Some nice stuff up around Alderfer. I am laying low for a bit trying to get a handle on a major plantar flair-up. So, good thing you didn't drop me a line. It would have killed me to turn down a run in my own 'hood!

Breeves2000 said...

Good stuff. If you have any requests for a recovery beverage during your prescribed R&R, let me know. As soon as I get back into the swing of things and you've had some time off, we'll run together again and maybe I wont hold you up quite as much. Enjoy the book and be sure to highlight. I'm curious to what parts you find the most interesting/enlightening.