Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, November 28, 2010

8.5 myles - 1.02:41

Lone Tree + loop - 8:30 AM
30s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Just plugging along here and feeling good. 64 myles on the week and 2928 on the year. I'm trying to get to 3000 before Wednesday but I don't think that's going to happen unless I come up with some crazy 50 mile run on Tuesday night. Hmm...

My feet are a little sore but that's only because I've been running in the new Peak IIs, which is more of a light weight trail racer. I'm used to more of a padded shoe, like the Fuel XC, so I'm just conditioning/strengthening my feet to get comfortable in these new Peak IIs. And just a word of caution: If you are used to a beefier shoe, don't expect to go to any type of minimalist shoe and run in it all the time for long distances without some sort of discomfort or even worse - injury. Work your way up in time and distance in a shoe that is considered minimalist in nature.

These will be available mid 2011 and if you liked the 1st edition of the Peaks then you'll love these! Some changes: A more aggressive lugged sole, more durable upper, stiffer toe cap, gusseted tongue, and a more defined heal drop (not sure exactly how much) - all coming in at ~9.5 oz.
Post a Comment