Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, November 28, 2010

8.5 myles - 1.02:41

Lone Tree + loop - 8:30 AM
30s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Just plugging along here and feeling good. 64 myles on the week and 2928 on the year. I'm trying to get to 3000 before Wednesday but I don't think that's going to happen unless I come up with some crazy 50 mile run on Tuesday night. Hmm...

My feet are a little sore but that's only because I've been running in the new Peak IIs, which is more of a light weight trail racer. I'm used to more of a padded shoe, like the Fuel XC, so I'm just conditioning/strengthening my feet to get comfortable in these new Peak IIs. And just a word of caution: If you are used to a beefier shoe, don't expect to go to any type of minimalist shoe and run in it all the time for long distances without some sort of discomfort or even worse - injury. Work your way up in time and distance in a shoe that is considered minimalist in nature.

These will be available mid 2011 and if you liked the 1st edition of the Peaks then you'll love these! Some changes: A more aggressive lugged sole, more durable upper, stiffer toe cap, gusseted tongue, and a more defined heal drop (not sure exactly how much) - all coming in at ~9.5 oz.

8 comments:

trudginalong said...

More pronounced heel drop, as in a higher heel?

Unknown said...

Lower heel. In the first edition of the Peaks the heel was built up. Now they've carved most that away to make it lower to the ground.

trudginalong said...

Good to hear.

Unknown said...

changed the wording from pronounced to defined...

Brian said...

Is your new photo at Falcon?
Good luck with the snip thing tomorrow.
BFish

Unknown said...

No that's Red Rocks in Boulder with Sanitas in the background behind the trees

TD said...

FastEd,

How do I get my hands on a pair of these ahead of time? I have tested for PI and would love a crack at these. I ran NF 50 in some mt101s and they beat me up pretty badly. The new Peak XC's look like the perfect upgrade to a great shoe that turned me onto Pearl Izumi footwear in the first place.

Unknown said...

Hey Ty,

Good to hear from you. Are you still in contact with the PI shoe guys? I would suggest you drop them a line. These are very limited right now, I only have one pair to test. Should be out the middle of next year