Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11 myles - 1.17:53

Wildcat Ridge - 9:00 AM
20s, cloudy, still dry
mind/body - very good
easy effort

NEWS FLASH: Scheduled my vasectomy for December 1st @ 11:30 AM - yikes! But gotta git'er done sooner than later.

Not much exciting happening on the running front, just getting out moving the blood around. I got out Monday for 6 (7:15s) and today for 11 (7:14s) - body feels good, mind seems refreshed, and the pace seems easy. But I need to be careful not to jump into the training regimen too quickly. Grae Van Hooser left a comment that serves as a good reminder - It's a long year and with the races I have coming up I would be better suited taking it easy in the winter. I stated this right before MMTR but how quickly I forget. Speaking of schedules, Pearl Izumi announced the races they would like us to participate in for 2011:
Certainly I can't do all of them but I will base my 2011 season around these races. In particular, the two races I am focusing on are Western States and UTMB (lottery). Outside of that I will use the other races to put me in the best condition to perform at the focus events. Because of this directive you can bet there will be a heavy presence of Pearl Izumi athletes and execs. at these events. On the down side, they decided not to do a PI race series because time was short. I won't promise a series in the future but I think we got the ball rolling for something in 2012.

7 comments:

trudginalong said...

Makes sense marketing wise, bit of a bummer there aren't any "low key" races, that list is about as high strung as ultras get huh?

WMRC said...

Another real good blog banner picture!! Best one yet! Happy Holiday!

nmp said...

Think you will head east for MMT? Hopefully I can get lucky and head back there. Seems like a race you would like...would make for a lot of 100s next year though.

Unknown said...

PG - I will probably get some low key races here in Colorado. Marketing wise obviously they want to make the most bang and with our input this is the result. I'm pretty happy with it. But IT. IS. STACKED!

Kevin - thanks. And Happy tofurkey day to you too! I "hope" to be back down to AZ next year. If not for ZG, at least for my yearly WMRC run, right?

Unknown said...

I think I'm gonna do MMT. I feel it's pretty good timing for WS. I know it's a lottery so if I don't get in then that would be the only reason not to go. But yeah lots of 100s. I'm used to 2 a year but that would make 3. Guess now is the time to rest and get fat right?

nmp said...

Three seems reasonable, especially with ~2 months between WS and UTMB.

I think you should ask Pearl for one of there wing suits ( http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_16702705 ) - I bet it could save you a few minutes over a 100 ;-) Just make sure you give it back so you don't get sued!

Unknown said...

OH man! Yeah they are serious about their proprietary design. We runners signed a contract last year that was at least a 20 page document. Basically stating that everything we did with them, they own. I'm good with that - I'll give the suit back after Western States. But I don't think my PI wing/body suit could compete with Killian's speed suit...