Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, February 28, 2010

7 myles - no time

High School track - 8:00 A.M.
30s, overcast, a little breezy
mind/body - good
Hard effort

6 x 800s on the high school track with a two mile warm up and cool down. I contemplated 10x800 for the sake of doing a full Yasso workout but ultimately left it up to feel. This workout was a good check to see what kind of leg speed I have going into Caumsett, pretty happy with the result; 2:35:36:34:33:33:33. The effort I was putting in was very similar leading into the Phoenix marathon where I averaged 2:37 so I think it's safe to say I've kept the leg speed. In all honesty though, I don't feel like I've worked as hard on the speed these last couple of weeks, but then again, maybe I didn't need to just to maintain.

On another note, Team Pearl Izumi-Smith just wrapped up a couple days hanging out together in Boulder. Great meeting where we all had an opportunity to not only meet each other but learn about the products and give valuable feedback. I would dare say we are all stoked with the direction the PI products are going. Just to give you an example, we all had little things we wanted to change about certain PI products and a lot of what we were saying is already being integrated into future product lines. I'm excited about the years to come! More pics and video to follow.

Team PI-Smith: (l to r) Kody Riley, Darcy Africa, Matt Lonergan, Ashley Nordell, Josh Brimhall, Scott Jaime, Nick Clark, Nick Lewis

1 comment:

Alverna said...

it must have been warm for some of you