Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, February 18, 2010

10 myles - 1.13:26

Daniels Park - 8:00 A.M.
30s, overcast, somewhat dry
mind/body - good
very easy effort

I felt decent and, in fact, had the urge to go fast(er). I knew, however, that I must have a couple days when I just spin the wheels. Today was a great day to do that and try to enjoy myself. And don't get me wrong, I always enjoy myself once I'm out there, it's the 'getting out' that's usually the tough part. How many times have you been out there when you say "man this is great!" and just a few minutes before you were dreading to even go?

On my runs lately I've been thinking about some crazy training runs leading up to Hard Rock. I want to be faster than I was last year and I remember how hard I trained last year so these crazy runs keep popping into my head. For instance, yesterday on Mt Sanitas I was thinking of going around 10 times... Or another one is doing the Incline for 12 hours... Or how bout doing a triple summit on Pikes in early July? I know crazy thoughts but the fact of the matter is that I need to do more vertical gain than I did last year to better my time.
Post a Comment