Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 myles - 50:43

Mt. Sanitas - 3:00 P.M.
40s, ice/snow/muddy mix, overcast
mind/body - relaxed
easy effort

In between appointments yesterday I headed up Sanitas, probably more for the mind than the body. The Mt Sanitas trail was almost completely free of snow/ice on the ridge but after the summit on the East Ridge trail it was quite muddy. The loop coming down the valley trail is only 3 myles and it still took a good 40 minutes to come around. But getting up to the top took me 19:37 and it's only 1.1 myles so it's quite a hump.

I think this would be a great training run leading up to HR by doing 10 laps. That would be about 30 myles and over 13,000 ft of elevation gain. We'll see if I can talk myself into it come late June...

5 comments:

brownie said...

When are you gonna start coming down here for the Incline?

Unknown said...

I'll be coming down regularly starting in April. I say we have an incline"fest". I've heard of people doing quads on the incline. Let's pick a day and do 12 hours of incline before Hard rock. Maybe that will help you get under 40 hrs....

brownie said...

I've often thought of doing 24 hours of the Incline. But to let the kiddos from up north play, I'd be down for 12.

Stuart Swineford said...

Occasionally there will be group runs at Sanitas that just burn laps for hours on end. Check the Boulder Trail Runners group for info on that. I hiked Sanitas last week and yeah... parts are a bit of a mess. Even with that, you put in a solid lap. Nice work! If you want company on your HR training, definitely post your plans and I'll try to hook up with you on it. Or run way behind you at least.

~stubert.
http://www.runsturun.com

GZ said...

I will make the journey for an incline fest. But if it is in April there is a chance I might be RRRing. Or crying about it before or after.