Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 myles - 50:43

Mt. Sanitas - 3:00 P.M.
40s, ice/snow/muddy mix, overcast
mind/body - relaxed
easy effort

In between appointments yesterday I headed up Sanitas, probably more for the mind than the body. The Mt Sanitas trail was almost completely free of snow/ice on the ridge but after the summit on the East Ridge trail it was quite muddy. The loop coming down the valley trail is only 3 myles and it still took a good 40 minutes to come around. But getting up to the top took me 19:37 and it's only 1.1 myles so it's quite a hump.

I think this would be a great training run leading up to HR by doing 10 laps. That would be about 30 myles and over 13,000 ft of elevation gain. We'll see if I can talk myself into it come late June...
Post a Comment