Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, February 5, 2010

12 myles - 1.22:19

Daniels Park loop - 8:00 A.M.
20s, no wind, relatively dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Finally back home and enjoyed being out this morning on my home course with an easy avg. of 6:51. Work wise the week has been action packed traveling through Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming but I always found time to run. Good thing because I'll probably be going that route at least once a month so it'll be a good change of scenery.

As most of you know I'm not eating meat so I thought you would be interested in knowing some things I've been eating to keep up my protein intake. But also list a few recipes that I've found that are tasty. I've been trying to get between 80 and 90 grams of protein per day but it's hard to keep track. For starters I've been eating a lot of beans, no surprise for a beaner eh. I've actually been making my own Chipotle style burritos to include:

2 cups cooked botan rice
1 can Pinto beans
1 can black beans
2 cans Rotel
1 bushel of cilantro
1 fresh squeezed lime
Mix that all up in a large bowl, heat up the tortilla, throw a handful of cheese, and some hot sauce and wallah! No brainer right. The nice thing about this is that you can store it in the fridge and eat it over the next couple of days. I usually have 2 or 3 of these and each one has about 10 grams of protein.

3 comments:

Breeves2000 said...

I didn't catch the part about you not eating meat until this post. Why and how long have you been going that route? Care to post some things you've noticed as a result of your flesh-less diet?

Unknown said...

Not much of a difference so far. Been doing it just for a month now. Last year I only ate meat about 6 or 7 times but noticed it would really slow me down or take a few days to process. Just thought I'd give it a try this year.

On another note, I met Andy Henshaw down in the Springs last Saturday, said he knew you from Kansas. He knew more about the Bad Ben though. He just moved from Kansas to the Springs recently

AJW said...

Hey FastEd, pretty cool recipe. My steak fajitas, however, were really yummy:) And, much easier to make.