Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A quick update

Been on the road all week in Northern Colorado and now in Cheyenne, WY - are you jealous? I didn't think I would have time to run but in reality I don't have anything else to do after the work is done.

Yesterday I had a great run and chat with fellow Pearl/Smith teammate Nick Clark. I drove up to Nick's home and we ran his home course of Horsetooth Mountain Park - 8 myles and 2000+ feet of elevation. Nick's got a great little slice of heaven right out his front door tucked away from the sprawling metropolis of Ft. Collins.

This morning I got out again before hitting the road. I found a nice little path called the Mason Trail paralleling a set of railroad tracks. Since yesterday was climbing I decided today to get some speed work. I didn't have a watch nor did I know how far I went but I would imagine I spent about 20 minutes at 5K pace in the middle. Maybe 6 myles in about 45 minutes total.

Driving around in Cheyenne this afternoon I found another established trail system but I don't think I'll have time to check it out before I skip town. Next time.

Last - Pearl Izumi/Smith site has a great little contest going on. Go check it out and leave your ad for a chance at some Smith Optics gear.

That's all for now. Time for some din-din.

No comments: