Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, February 8, 2010

6 myles - 45:37

HR Rec. Center - 8:00 P.M.
cold and snowy outside
mind/body - feeling bloated from all the dip and chips yesterday
Hard effort

Went to the Southridge Rec. Center with Jaxon to do a little running and play basketball. Basketball court was occupied so I ran on the treadmill and Jaxon did 20 laps (2 myles). I had a few beers last night with TON of fat-full dip and chips - needless to say I wasn't feeling it. Although I managed to crank out 4.72 myles in 30 minutes (6:21) during the middle portion.

The dip I made last night consisted of:
  • 1 bottle of Herdez salsa
  • 1 16 oz bar of cream cheese
  • 1 20 oz can of Bush's best chili beans
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese
  • 1 bushel of green onions
Yep I know - loaded with fat but mmm. mmm. good!

Thanks to GZ, JC, and Jon for the insightful info on two-a-days!

2 comments:

Jon Allen said...

Did you decide what you're going to do for 2-a-days?

Unknown said...

Based on the information provided I think I'm gonna stick with one-a-day. I just don't think there is a real benefit for me as move into trails, hills, and longer races. I think I would benefit more from back to back 5 or 6 hour runs because of the glycogen depletion factor.

Thanks again for the info Jon.