Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, February 6, 2010

26 myles - 3.03:18

HR urban trails - 8 A.M. and 2 P.M.
mid 40s, partly cloudy, dry trails and road
mind/body - good
easy effort

I was supposed to get up this morning to have enough time to crank out a 3 hour run before Jaxon's basketball game but I slept in again. So I decided to make this my first ever 2-a-day: morning 8 myles - 58:04/7:15 avg., afternoon 18 myles - 2.05:14/6:57 avg. for an overall avg. of 7:03. The last mile this afternoon I decided to test the leg speed with a 5:50 split. Since I faded in the marathon I'm gonna try to do more of the speed stuff towards the end of my runs, hopefully it will help.

Now that I've done my first ever 2-a-day I am now wondering if there are any studies to determine which is more beneficial; 1 run for 3 hours or 2 runs 1.5 hours each. Anybody know? And when I say beneficial I'm specifically speaking of glycogen stores.
Post a Comment