Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

12 myles - 1.23:49

Daniels Park Loop - 2:00 P.M.
20s, muddy/snow, clear
mind/body - good/strong
easy effort

6:59 average today. I felt a little faster than that but maybe because of the slop I was slowed down a bit. It's crunch time leading up to Caumsett 50K - 3 and 1/2 weeks to go. Based on my previous experience this is the week that needs to be the most solid not only in mileage but quality mileage. I may have lost a little speed since the marathon but I'll know for sure after Saturday. Saturday will be the day I do 30 myles (2 loops around Chatfield) with the second loop around 6:15 pace. If I can do that then I feel pretty confident I can crank out a 3.15 at Caumsett.

On another note, I noticed on the HR website they have listed a plot of the highest wait number to start (green line). Just to be perfectly clear, that green line does not represent the actual number of people that got into HR off the wait list. For example, 2008 lists #99 who was Whit Rambach that year. He showed up to the race and got in race morning because someone slept in. There were other people in front of him but they didn't show up. So don't get your hopes up if you are #99 this year because it still averages out to be about 30 actual people who get in.

2 comments:

jamil said...

I'm hoping for a miracle at #41.

Unknown said...

Hey Jamil,

Sorry 'bout that... I've been 34 on the WL before and it was a stressful time for not only me but my family. This HR thing gets in your blood and it's hard to get rid of it. I got my fingers crossed for both you and Nick.

And btw - very nice job at RR 100!