Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

8 myles - 54:58

Daniels Park - 8:00 A.M.
30s, mostly dry, clear
mind/body - good
easy effort

6:52 pace today with 8 x 1 minute @ 5k pace sprinkled in. Actually it was more like a full on sprint but the point was to get some good leg turn over. I was told by a world famous runner that I don't know anything about peaking so I've been very cognisant of my leg speed and very particular of my distance during the last few weeks.

I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping the speed I had at Phoenix but only time will tell. My goal for Caumsett 50K is between 3.13 and 3.15. That won't win the race but maybe I'll surprise myself. I am fit, happy, and healthy going into this race so I couldn't ask for more.

1 comment:

Harsha said...

Super Fast Eddy, Good Luck at the race. You will do great!