Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, February 15, 2010

14 myles - 1.40:03

HR urban trails - 10:00 A.M.
20s, snowy trails, clear
mind/body - very good/strong
easy effort

Just trying to mix up the speed work here today when in reality I only intended to 'get out' today to spin off any stiffness. But as I got going I felt pretty damn good! At my age I can't waste any of that 'good feeling' so I decided to make this a progressive workout. Going out I hit 7:40s so at the turnaround (mile 8) I would go faster each mile. Looked like this: 7:20, 7:10, 6:55, 6:42, 6:35, 6:20, 6:13.

I don't know about you but the Olympics inspire me. My whole life I dreamed of being in the Olympics for something. The dream has since died (had something to do with genes?) - but man! I love to hear the stories of the people that made it. Get's me all choked up.

On a sad note, Jenna Gruben passed away yesterday on her way home from the Moab 33K. I met Jenna in Steamboat during the Mountain RATS race a couple years ago - always smiling and always positive. I am deeply saddened and speechless. Rest in peace Jenna, your spirit lives on.

2 comments:

Jon Allen said...

We can always try out for the curling team...

I'm like you- I love watching the Olympics.

footfeathers said...

Totally agree on the Olympics. Felt like I did a cardio workout watching the xc skiing today.