Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, March 2, 2009

10 myles - 1.10:48

HR urban trails - 3:00 P.M.
74! Enuf said.
mind/body - hesistant/strong
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60+ minutes easy/steady with hill sprints

Actual workout: 10 myles 1.10:48 avg. 7:04. Easy/steady pace with 7 x 10 second hill sprints (8%)

Leading up to the run, I just didn't feel like running but how can anyone pass up a day like this! 74 degrees for March 2nd?? The weather was enough to bring my mind around and have a pretty decent run. I felt light on my feet with easy breathing. I honestly believe these short hill sprints are helping me run strong - granted I've only done two sets so we'll see in the long run.

WTC is less than 2 weeks away and the official course came out yesterday. It's pretty common knowledge that WTC was not a "true" 50K with 29.xx myles but the new RD decided to lengthen the course to exactly 31 myles. Why now? Why not leave it for 20+ year tradition. Does the new RD realize that even at 31 myles it's still not a "true" 50K? I don't get it? Oh well, it is what it is. Uil's record was soft anyways...

Throw away all your old splits and overall times because this year everyone WILL take longer - save those few who have the best day of their life. I'm just hoping to break 4 hours this go-round...

On another note, I saw a funny bumper sticker today that read "The End of an Error - January 20th, 2009". And not to be outdone a funny quote "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style"
Post a Comment