Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, March 9, 2009

10 myles - 1.13:32

HR urban trails - 4:00 P.M.
North wind, cool, dry
mind/body - kinda draggin' today
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 75 minutes easy effort

Actual workout: 10 myles 1.13:32 avg. 7:21 - easy pace.

Very nice and relaxing run just thinking about WTC this coming Saturday. I feel very good right now and have high hopes. I threw in a couple of 10 second bursts on the way back just to keep the legs honest.

Karl Meltzer released his list of odds for the top runners and I'm happy to say I made the list for the very first time! I'm listed at 13-1 odds with the comments of being a sneaky fast one - not sure about that one.... maybe it means I don't look that fast and harmless but has posted some good times in the past??? Dunno?? I'm just happy to be mentioned on the same list as some of those runners. I have to admit though, there are others that are just mentioned with no odds that will vie for the win (i.e. Matt Lonergan and Mark McManus). I don't know Lonergan but he put up a good 50 mile time @ Sun Mart last year under 6 hours so I think he is one to watch for the win as he is gaining ultra experience.

I know there will be some dark horses there but it's always hard to tell with those fast roadies coming from Oregon. Maybe do a quick sort of Oregon runners and pick a couple to post a good time. Oregon has owned WTC for the last couple years but Colorado is coming to take back the crown this year. Let the ultra season begin! It's gonna be fun!

3 comments:

Jamie Donaldson said...

Have a blast in Cool Scott! Scott Sneaky Fast One sounds great! Karl is usually spot on! Good luck this weekend! Enjoy your beers with AJW!

AJW said...

Yeah, I'll be sure to be buying the beers for Scott on this one. And lovin' it. Should be a fun day

AJW

Speedgoat Karl said...

You are sneaky at Cool. It seems sometimes you run mediocre fast like I do, then you bust a quick one :-). Great run at Cool man, I was ready to get you when my calf tweaked, but I did the right thing. I came home uninjured, better than any top place :-). See you boys out there! Cheers