Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

12 myles - 1.22:44

HR urban trails - 3:00 P.M.
Northeast wind, low 70s, dry
mind/body - strong
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 90 minutes with 5 X 5 minutes @ 10K pace

Actual workout: 12 myles 1.22:44 avg. 6:53, 5 X 5 minutes @ 10 K pace

The wind was causing havoc on my 5 minute surges! Although I tried to maintain the pace, it wasn't always there - but the effort was! Nonetheless I was tired after the 5th one. 3 of the 5 surges were on trails similar to WTC so I feel pretty good about that. I feel like the leg speed is there for WTC but I won't know for sure if the legs are completely back until that last 4 mile stretch. Should be fun!

2 comments:

AJW said...

Um, exsqueeze me, did your post say, low 70's? What the hell? How can I compete with that? I got 3 feet of snow in my yard!

Jiz

Unknown said...

I need every advantage I can get - gotta even the score!

I might recommend up to Galena summit and back from your house next Thursday as fast as you can....