Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, March 21, 2009

21 myles ~ 3.50

Palmer Lake - 7:00 A.M.
30s to start - 60s to finish, clear, dry
mind/body - hesitant/sick
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 2 hours easy pace with increased pace last 30 minutes

Actual workout: 21.37 myles ~ 3.50 - avg. 10:35 easy pace ~5000ft of elevation gain

Met the CRUD group at Paul DeWitt's house this morning for the weekly long run. Good size group with Paul, Steve B., Grimes, Harry, Rick, and others I didn't know. We ran up, I guess it's called Palmer Lake trail, to Rampart road and then circled back around. Beautiful area! If I had not committed to running with the CRUD group today I probably would not have run at all because as you will recall I had a sore throat last week prior to WTC. I thought I had it kicked but the cold finally reared it's ugly head yesterday with aches and sniffles.

So this run will officially kick off my specific training for Hard Rock with a decent amount of climbing as well as a 1000ft descent at the end in less than 2 myles, exactly the quad masher I needed. Mark the date: March 21st - 16 weeks until HR.

1 comment:

brownie said...

Hooray Hardrock! About time you quit doin' all those road races!