Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

11 myles - 1.31:09

Mt. Falcon - Noon
dry, mid 50s, partly cloudy
mind/body - better
Easy effort

Prescribed workout: 75 - 90 minutes with hills - easy effort

Actual workout: 11 myles 1.31:09 avg. 8:17 ~4000 ft elevation gain

Finally back at Mt. Falcon! My dear old friend that I have a love/hate relationship with.... I just love it when I'm done! Falcon is never easy no matter how slow I go but I told myself I would just take it nice and easy to get my butt over there. I've been fighting this cold for the last 3 days and have felt miserable so I was just happy to be out. My route was up Turkey trot and then around to Parmalee in which I'm usually about 6 - 10 minutes faster but a good starting point for the year. One thing I did different this time is I tried to keep my HR up while going downhill and just let myself go. I missed you Mt. Falcon, I'll be back soon....

2 comments:

Shad Mika said...

One of my favorite places! I just started really training there also about 3 weeks ago. It is crazy that there is no snow anywhere on that trail.

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to be back at Falcon... It's just more painful when you are there too!
Unless there is a cooler in one of our cars.
BFish