Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, March 26, 2009

10 myles - 1.11:25

Treadmill - 10:00 A.M.
foot of snow, blowing, slick
mind/body - very good
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60+ minutes easy effort - hill sprints or strides to end

Actual workout: 10 myles 1.11:25 avg. 7:08 easy effort - last mile intermittent hill sprints

Woke up to partly cloudy skies and no snow on the ground. Had my coffee and breakfast then started to gear up to go running, looked outside only to find a blizzard had settled in! It was a tough choice but I went for the dreadmill. Most of the run was spent at 6:49 pace and then threw in a few 8 MPH @ 8% for 45 seconds to finish so that I could simulate the hill sprints. I feel really good right now and maybe because I've felt so crappy the last couple of days.

1 comment:

Shad Mika said...

After spending 3.5 hours driving home from work I was going to go over to 24 hours to run, when I called them they were closing, crap. No run for me today.