Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

8 myles - 53:45

Grigs out/back - 3:30 P.M.
upper 30s, some snow, mild wind
mind/body - ready to go
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 60 minutes with 2 mile tempo in the middle.

Actual workout: 8 myles 53:45 avg. 6:43 - 2 mile tempo in 12:12.

I am ready to go! Compared to last year going into WTC I feel like I'm in a little better shape - speed wise. I feel very comfortable cruising around a 6 minute pace for a few myles, which tells me that at sea level I should be able to cruise in the high 6s to low 7s for a 50K. Ultrarunning magazine just came out and listed WTC as the most competitive race for 2008 and it's shaping up to be the same this year. I would really like to crack the top 10 @ WTC but it has to be an issue-free race in order for that to happen.

On another note, a big congrats to fellow Coloradan Jamie Donaldson! Her name is just plastered all over the latest Ultrarunning magazine stats page for 2008. I knew she pretty much dominated the 24 hour and hundred mile scene but the stats page really puts it into perspective - way to go Jamie!

1 comment:

Breeves2000 said...

Hey Scott. It was a pleasure meeting you today. I apologize for interrupting the training run, but you didn't seem to lose focus or pace. Good luck at WTC and I look forward to maybe joining you on a recovery run one day.
Cheers!

breeves2000 at gmail dot com