Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, March 6, 2009

9.1 myles - 56:02

Chatfield Res. - 8:00 A.M.
Still WINDY! 30s, dry
mind/body - strong/very strong
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 60 minutes @ marathon pace (mp)

Actual workout: 9.1 myles 56:02 avg. 6:09 - a little under mp

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! Despite the wind (which is now blowing Southwest) I managed a good time and felt great doing it! The wind was at my back 1/2 the time cruising pretty effortlessly but when it came time to head into the wind I was working hard. So in the end the wind evened the pace out one way or the other. Good confidence builder!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No reason you shouldn't hit top 3 at wtc. Nice work you've put in.

Unknown said...

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Top 3 at WTC is a pretty tall order with at least 13 on the list that are at least a 2.40 marathoner... I'm probably in a little better shape than last year (3.45) but WTC seems to bring a ton of fast roadies that the ultra scene has never seen. If I break 4 hours while evening the score with Andrew Jizzle Wizzle I'll be happy...

Anonymous said...

He's an old 100 miler guy, so evening the score on these shorter, faster races is pretty much a done deal for you.