Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

4 myles - 28:24

Grigs - 3:30 P.M.
low 40s, dry, South wind
mind/body - good/sore throat
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 30-45 minutes with strides at the end

Actual workout: 4 myles 28:24 avg 7:06. 3 intervals up Grigs hill - 1:02:74, 59:51!, 59:95

Last little test before WTC. I did this exact workout before WTC last year with interval times of: 1:10:10, 1:06:90, 1:02:61 - with the last one being the fastest ever. I never thought I would be able to get under a minute but I did just that today! I have been running this hill for 5 years with times ranging from 1:15 to now 59:51! I know it's insignificant to anyone who reads this because you don't know the hill but in brief: it's a dirt road with this little section about 300 meters long with a slope of 3% to start, 7% in the middle, then 2% to finish. Like I said yesterday, speed wise I'm a little better off than last year but today really confirmed that! The work is done for WTC and I hope it pays off...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way too go Scott....a postive stride for WTC... Have a great race... make it yours....

Anonymous said...

Hey FastEd, thanx for posting your training info. It is a real motivator for me. I especially like the TM workouts--increasing by point 1 every two minutes. Haven 't tried running at 6% grade yet, but since it "makes you feel so good," it is in the near future for me.