Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Good to know Mother Nature has a sense of humor...

And the mini adventure continues. I guess Mother Nature didn't get the memo that I had to ride my bike to the light rail station to get my car... or then again maybe she did?

I woke up this morning with the roof tops and grass coated with SNOW! Oh well, couldn't be any worse than the Cyclocross races that I do early in the winter. The trip to the light rail station turned out to be O.K. It was below 30 degrees this morning so I bundled up with all my winter riding gear and was out the door by 9:30 a.m. Below 30 degrees running is a world of difference from riding in below 30 degrees. Even though I was bundled up I was still cold. The roads and path were pretty clear but I had to take extra precaution when I went over the wood bridges as they were slick. In all I went 12 myles in about an hour and got to my car without incident.

Optimistically speaking, I got a great cross training workout in and I got to use all my cold weather riding gear that I spent so much money on. Being on the bike today made me realize how much I like biking. Maybe my next new hobby?? Although I'll have to invest in more gear and bikes, what d'ya think Nicole?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your adventure... shows you can handle anything mother nature or anyone else throws at you...Work, Play etc. One for your memoirs..

Unknown said...

Oh I think that your running adventures are already enough for now!!!