Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

10 myles - 1.11:33

Daniels Park - 2:00 p.m.
mid 50's, overcast, breezy
mind/body - good/minor aches
easy effort

Still recovering.... although I did make the pace a bit faster than yesterday but by the end soreness returned to my legs. My first/last splits were: 7:03/6:57 so pretty even pace throughout. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be back to normal.

Since American River is coming up soon I need to find a pace that I can sustain. Today I kept a watchful eye on the watch to see what time each mile split was and to my surprise I was hitting around 7:15 with very little exertion.... that's a good sign. The winning time at AR 50 last year was 6.22, which is about 7:38/mile. I think I can sustain a 7:40 pace to end up between 6:25 - 6:30. I know some fast dudes are going to show up for the same reason as WTC so the winning time this year will be right around the 6 hr mark. The course has about 3500 ft of elevation with most of that coming in the final 4 myles, most myles leading up to that are slightly uphill. Not this weekend but next I have a 40 mile run that simulates AR50 course pretty close so that will give me a good indication.

No comments: