Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, March 6, 2008

5 myles (4 - 26:54)

Grigs out/back - 9:00 a.m.
30ish, snowy roads, partly cloudy
mind/body - ready to go!
easy effort

Last tune up before WTC. I feel good as far as leg speed is concerned but I felt a little funky today, don't know if I'm coming down with something??? Today I just wanted to give the legs a spin so I went for a quick 4 mile run and did 3 hill repeats up Grigs hill. Grigs hill is about the same distance as the sanctuary hill (o.2m) but less steep. My reps were: 1:10:10, 1:06:90, 1:02:61 (fastest ever!)

At any rate, I've done the best possible training I can do for this race and now I just have to be smart about it. Number 1 rule for me is to NOT get caught up in all the excitement in the beginning. I have last years splits written down on my water bottle so I will adhere to those pretty closely. I have a bad habit of counting people in front of me after a couple of myles, I hope to not do that this time and run my own race. If I'm smart about it, a few of those people will come back to me. I'm headed to the airport in a little bit so wish me luck and I'll update as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Manners said...

Good Luck Edward! The Mannings will be cheering you on. I am going on a 21 mile run on the island so hopefully you can feel the vibe I'm sending out. The other guys in the race have 2 legs too so dont get caught up in it.
Here' s agood quote for you.

I like running because it’s a challenge. If you run hard, there’s the pain and you’ve got to work your way through the pain. You know, lately it seems all you hear is- Don’t over do it, Don’t push yourself. Well, I think that’s a lot of bull. If you push the human body, it will respond.

Good Luck Eddie- yo da man!