Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

10 myles - 1.11:37

Daniels Park - 10:00 a.m.
mid 40's, stiff South wind, clear
mind/body - good/big left toe is angry
easy effort

With my big left toe now inflamed I had to change my strike a bit. I never like to do that because other things go haywire in the process. I felt pretty good for the entire run despite running on tired legs. I've run 40 myles this week so far but nothing compares to this guy! 200 myles in one week?!?! How long can he actually sustain that? I will never have the discipline or genetics to run that much in week - ever! He is truly an anomaly! I'm more like 80-90 myles per week, that's what I feel like I can sustain. Anything beyond that and I'm just begging for injury. With a 40 mile run coming up on Saturday I will hit the 80 mile mark, which I am ecstatic about! I can't imagine running 120 more myles in a week......

No comments: