Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, March 14, 2008

13 myles - 1.27:44

Modified Daniels Park - 4:00 p.m.
overcast, stiff South wind, upper 30's
mind/body - good/good
medium effort

Not quite 13 myles but close enough. I did a lolly pop loop up through Daniels Park which consists of rolling hills and all pavement. Since this will be the primary surface at AR 50 I might as well get used to it.

I felt really good to start but once I hit mile 10 I really started to feel it. First/last splits were: 6:46/6:50, pretty even splits but the exertion for the last mile was a little much. Legs are getting heavy when I approach one hour but nothing to be concerned about because I'm considering this a recovery week.

My hope was that when I got home I would have a message waiting for me from this guy. You see, he has been working his tail off to organize a premier ultra running team with top notch sponsors and runners. Well today, he had a teleconference with these guys to find out if they wanted in and at what level. He landed the BIG ONE!! They want in and offered up an amazing apparel line for the team. Abe Lincoln never gave up and neither does Bad Manners! Congrats to Aric for all his hard work over the past two years to make this happen! Final details are being put in place right now as far as sponsors and runners but Aric will be the team manager and run the team on a day to day basis. Stay tuned for more details!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does this mean good news for eddy as well as part of the team.? If so Congratulations to all of you including the hard worker Aric...