Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Beard

I think a beard will help....

Ha, go figure.... got out for 6.2 myles this morning and felt GREAT! One of those runs where you get the little tingles in your head and the world is a perfect place. No soreness or stiffness. AND left the watch at home (thanks for the advice Darren). Trying to put the 'fun' back into this shee-ite!

I just happened to look over the Grand Slammer list and noticed Neal Gorman is quietly making a run at the record. Joe Kulak's record pace thru Leadville was 53.13:50. Neal Gorman is 53.35:05, just 21:15 behind JK. For the record Neal Gorman must run 21.31:44 at Wasatch. Good luck Neal!

6 comments:

TD said...

growing mine right now as I type. there must be something magical about a man beard...of course it was 29 degrees this morning's run

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you Ty! What an epic adventure you and Jared had in the Wind Rivers - nice job! Wish I were there!

AJW said...

Great photo! I was down at the other end of the line with a bunch of clean shaven old guys (Redpath and Barger)

We'll all show up with beards next year!

brownie said...

Do they have one of those lists for Rocky Mountain Slam guys?

You grow a beard and give me 8 hours at the Bear. Loser shaves - your beard vs my hair.

Grae Van Hooser said...

Rock the goatee for Bear. It will be tuff though to beat Victor's. The best goatee in the biz!

For some assist see: goateesaver.com

Jon Allen said...

Dang it, I just shaved my 5 weeks of beard... There goes my shot at winning the Bear.