Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, August 29, 2010

14 myles - 1.47:06

HR urban trails
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - sharp/strong
easy effort

I wasn't going to run today but as I was doing my usually morning routine (drinking coffee and perusing through ultra stuff), I was extremely motivated by Christian Johnson strong performance at The Cascade Crest 100. Christian finished 5th in a time of 21.03, really nice job Christian! What makes this even more special than just a great time is that he is coming off knee surgery just 4 months ago. You are back my friend!

As far as my run, I thought my mojo would wear off 30 or 40 minutes into the run but I kept buzzing so I just kept running. I am in some sort of a good groove right now and I have to go with it. Hopefully it will last through the end of this month. 67 myles for the week after a race is better than I've ever done. Next week I hope to hit the mid 90s and taper from there. Speaking of next week, Thursday will be my one year anniversary to starting the CT so I am planning something big for that day. I'm thinking I will do the first 3 segments of the CT thru Wellington lake road and then have my wife come pick me up. Billed as 41 myles in the CT book and will probably take 7 hours. Guess I'll consider that my birthday run too... Anyone want to join me?

3 comments:

Footfeathers said...

I think I can join you thurs. I'll find out tomorrow.

Unknown said...

If you can join me that would be great! really good training for the bear. I'll come pick you up at I-70 and 470.

Christian said...

Thanks Scott! Any chance you could use an extra set of eyes at the Bear?