Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, August 14, 2010

16 myles - 1.59:48

Lone Tree + Wildcat Ridge - 8:00 AM
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - focused/strong
easy effort

Recently my Mom has picked up running. Growing up, she thought I was crazy but I think she's caught the bug. Today I had the opportunity to run with her for a bit, so it was an extra special run. She's training for the Hobble Creek 1/2 marathon next week so she did a 7 mile loop while I did my 2 hour route. Nice and easy to begin and then slowly picked it up as the run went on - 7:29 pace. Not a blazing run but this is the best (and fresh) I've felt in a long time.

On another note I've been trying out a new watch. It's the Highgear Alterra, lots of features but still learning all of them. I used the altimeter today (barometric pressure) to get a sense of the elevation gain this route has in it - 1342 ft of climbing. The watch also gives you total time during this log. The downside is that you can't see running time while using the altimeter, only after the workout is over.

It looks as though AJW has entered the 3rd leg of the Grand Slam. Is he going after the record? Officially or unofficially, I don't know?? Deadline for entry was June 23rd. Joe Kulak's record pace through the first 1/2 is 33.10:25, AJW is currently 33.33:05. What's the latest AJW?
JK AJW
WS 18.14:59 17.31:25
VT 14.55:26 16.01:40
Pb 20.03:25
WF
21.53:10

Post run with Mom

2 comments:

Brandon Fuller said...

You out kicked her at the finish, right?

Anonymous said...

Good for your Mom....I need a kick in the butt to get me running again. Where's Waldo in my old stomping grounds...went to school in Eugene and lived in Albany for about 3 years...pretty country. Good Luck in the race and have lots of fun. :Q)