Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, August 30, 2010

7.2 myles - 1.46:37

Mt Bierstadt - 7:00 AM
40s to 60s, occasional cloud, dry
mind/body - strong
hard effort

Made a quick trip up to Bierstadt via 287 with Tim Hola. My 6th 14er and Tim's 7th. Tim is training for his umpteenth Ironman Hawaii so this was a rare opportunity to get out and climb a mountain with him - good times my friend!

My initial goal was to run every step to the top... I quickly re-evaluated the situation at 12,800 ft and decided I was actually hiking faster than my 'so called' run/shuffle. We started from the upper parking lot and made quick work of the summit in 59:45. Didn't descend much faster (46:52) but that's OK because in my mind the work was done getting to the top. Such a beautiful morning with lots of people out for a Monday.

Tim decided to skin up his knee as a memory of Bierstadt

Me and my Semi-Pro headband and old school PI track jacket

2 comments:

Footfeathers said...

You look like a pilgram trying out for the Harlem Globetrotters.

Breeves2000 said...

Nice! I've been wanting to get back out there and hit that one again this year, but just haven't made it yet. Good workout.
Loving the track jacket and headband. You need a velvet track suit. You would look so pimping in one of those. You'd need a few gold chains to go with it too.