Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, August 28, 2010

30 myles - 4.59:16

Indian Creek/CT - 6 AM
60s to 80s, mostly clear, dry
mind/body - solid
easy effort

Well I finally got out on a run with Footfeathers. Which means I finally met him after two years of email and blog comments, nice to me you Tim. Actually met up with Footfeathers and Rick Hessek early this morning at the Rampart Range parking lot. We had a solid run on 100% pristine single track and all to ourselves (I might add). Indian Creek is the temporary start of the CT while they have Waterton closed. Kind of confusing to start as they don't have a lot of signage up for the CT but we managed to find our way around. We honestly didn't see another person until the final two myles. As far as my body, I felt solid all day. I was a little nervous going this long so soon after a race but my body responded well. Just the confidence I needed to sign up for The Bear. In all 4711 ft of climbing in a lolly pop fashion, making it to the South Platte river overlook on segment 1 of the CT. If you get a chance to get out to Indian Creek, do it soon before people catch on. You will have some of the best single track all to yourself.

Nice running Tim and Rick, let's do something again before The Bear.


1 comment:

Footfeathers said...

Hey Scott, thanks much for the run. I had a great time (even if a bit bonky half way through)! Deffinitely will take you up on another run soon. Thanks for the gift too!
Tim