Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8 myles - 57:11

HR urban trails - 4:00 PM
90s, clear, and very dry
mind/body - I thought good until I started to run
seemed like a hard effort

Man - I felt like junk today! No explanation whatsoever. I thought (if anything) I would be wanting to get after it. So now my confidence is rattled a bit and because I made the statement yesterday "I've been doing the same workouts leading up to Miwok last year", I had to go back and double check. As I dug a little deeper into the workouts last year, I noticed my mileage was less but each workout had an element of quality, meaning some sort of 5:50 pace associated with it. That caused my confidence to sink a little more. So be it. Nothing I can do about it now. Just get to the race and give it what I've got, confidence or not I will have fun! Twitter updates here for the race

7 comments:

Justin Mock said...

Good luck, have a great trip!

Unknown said...

Thanks. You too JM. Can't wait to see how it turns out with you and Sparky - gonna be a battle of epic proportions!

aj said...

read your quote for the day...you are a strong runner. Go with confidence. lots of love...

Breeves2000 said...

C'mon Scott. A couple days rest and you'll definitely be ready to get after it! Don't let the confidence be shaken. You've got the training in and the legs definitely have it in them when the heart tells them to go. Have fun!

Unknown said...

I know I get a little weird before races, I guess hypersensitive about everything. It always turns out to be just fine.

The quote of the day from Ali is pretty timely so thanks for the kind words!

Darren said...

you'll be fine Scott! Don't over think it...as a matter of fact, shut the mind off and let your body do what you've trained it to do! As always have fun

Justin Ricks said...

Good luck this weekend!