Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, August 2, 2010

11 myles - 1.18:59

Coyote Ridge - 7:00 AM
70s, clear, dry
mind/body - slow to start
easy effort

I was informed by "good Ben" that this route is not called Coyote Ridge but the real name escapes me right now. Help me out again Ben? Anyhow I had a decent run this morning, not pushing the pace but feeling really comfortable - 7:10s. I am contemplating a race this coming weekend but won't say until I know for sure. I did that with Ireland and now the odds of me going are going from slim to none... Even though the IAU is giving us 400 euros and 5 nights accommodation, airfare is outrageous right now. The USATF helped out last year but elected to support the 100K and 24 hour teams this year - bummer but happy they are stepping into the ultra scene financially.

The picture I posted yesterday I ripped off the FKT site set up by Peter Bakwin. The cats in the picture from L to R are: Brandon Sybrowski, A very young looking Ian Torrence, Stephanie Erhet, Paul Pomeroy, and Peter Bakwin on the White Rim Trail back in 2002.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the Ireland trip.

Breeves2000 said...

That would be Wildcat Ridge inside the HR trails. Coyote Ridge is further south just before you get to Coyote Ridge Park. :-)
Either way, good workout!