Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, August 5, 2010

8 myles - 59:56

Daniels Park - 6:00 AM
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - really good
easy effort

I felt great this morning and was cruising along, thinking I was sub 7 pace.... whot. what. whahhh.... Doh - 7:36 for the first mile. In contrast, isn't it funny how other days you feel like crap thinking the worst and you really are cruising sub 7 pace, go figure. I think I would rather feel good and go slow than fast and crappy. (mental note for my next 100 miler...) AJW sent me a text last night thinking I should go to Ireland and then shoot for 23.55 at Da Bear. And just for the record, I don't think Ireland is gonna happen for me. More to come on that.

5 comments:

Nick said...

What I want to know is whether or not AJW is gonna find a way into Wasatch and take down JK's GS record. Guess that'll depend on Leadville to a degree, but I think he's on pace after WS and VT.

Too bad about Ireland. What's the relevance of 23:55?

nmp said...

Too bad that Ireland may not work out for you.

Why 23:55? That seems kind of slow...I would think you could run 20-21 at the Bear if not faster. Maybe I am just missing something here.

Unknown said...

Andy and I have a bet, bear is the tie breaker. He thinks I will run slow if I train for Ireland. So 23.55 IS slow but still under 24 hours so I walk away with a little dignity

Jon Allen said...

Is AJW doing the Bear still? He removed it from his race schedule.

Agree on the crappy/fast thing- had one of those the other day. But I'd rather be crappy-fast than good-slow. The other question is would you rather run slow and win a race, or run fast and get beat?

AJW said...

Still planning to run Bear, just not signed up yet. As for the Slam, that depends on whether I run Leadville (may have a work conflict) and, if so, if they let me into WF