Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

8 myles - 56:23

Grigs - 4:00 P.M.
60s, strong North wind, dry
mind/body - eager
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60 minutes with 2 mile uptempo
Actual workout: 8 myles 56:23 avg. 7:02 - 2 mile uptempo in 11:25! avg. 5:42

The wind was nasty! Going out was a trudge but coming back with the wind at my back was fun to spin the legs fast! I was almost going 11 MPH during the 2 mile uptempo and the wind was still pushing me! And truth be told it was slightly downhill so that time really isn't all that impressive but I'll take it.

On another note, I picked up a new pair of PI shoes today called the Fuel XC. They're a new model to be released Spring 2010. The fit is somewhere in between the Peak XC and the SyncroSeek - just what most runners are looking for! More details to come!

Nice comfy ride!

5 comments:

aj said...

Nice shoes.. but they need to be green to complete the outfit...?? Have yourself a great time at Miwok....your race, your way....

Justin Ricks said...

Hey are we on the same team because I never get a shot at testing out the new products. Good luck this weekend you will run great.

Unknown said...

Justin - your feet are too big! Demo sizes are only made in 10. If you cut your toes off maybe you're a 10. Mike Thompson from PI wants get the whole team into the new shoes as quickly as possible but can only do size 10 this early on. Believe me, I plugged the team like crazy and he WANTS our feedback big time!

Justin Ricks said...

You know what they say about big feet.

Running for the team has been an awesome experience this year and all sponsors have been really generous. They all have amazing products and PI also has the best magazine ads. Have fun this weekend.

Jeff Valliere said...

Dang it, I should have taken the red ones and left you the green ones!

How do I get on this team, I already have the shoes....