Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, April 27, 2009

8 myles - 1.01:24

Treadmill - 4:00 P.M.
melting snow, mid 30s, cloudy
mind/body - positive/good
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60 minutes easy effort

Actual workout: 8 myles 1.01:24 avg.7:40: 2% incline @ 8.2 MPH

Just gave the legs a spin and little sweat on. I tried to visual the race as much as possible and feel very positive about it. I've spoken to several people or read blogs about different strategies running Miwok and I think the strategy that I like the best actually is a little mish-mash of all of them.

I think it's well known that Miwok can trash your quads pretty quick so I've decided not to bomb any of the downhills and keep my breathing in check going uphill. That will probably keep me around 7 minutes on the downs and 8 to 8:30 on the ups. Climbing is my strong suit so people will probably scream past me on the downs and I will methodically, saunter past them on the ups. In addition, I'm just going to try and lay low out to Pantoll and then let my race begin after that. If I can hold that strategy back into Pantoll I will have a great race! I'm not looking for top 3, like most people for that last chance at WS. I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of people laying it on the line; some will succeed, some will blow up, I just hope not to get caught up in it. If I somehow place top 3 I still won't run WS. MY love, MY superbowl is with Hard Rock! If I cheat on HR, she will find out and make it hell for me. WS?? Someday. But right now I'm obsessed with HR.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Scott,
just a semi-frequent reader.
Good luck at Miwok.

Keep-up the good work.